>> Thursday, May 17
"Vanity is an excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise."
..Or if you prefer: Pride - Mother of all sins. First one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Vanity is linked with the color violet.
- Peacocks are symbols of vanity as well, therefore peacock feather is used as an inspiration for the "frame".
- Background is being desertish (plus the dead tree)... Vain people usually never see any beauty in the world, but only in themselves... That is why everything around them, sooner or later, dies.
"Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, orsituation."
This is the fifth from the Seven Deadly Sins series.
- She is sitting on a swing and blowing bubbles: it's a symbol of wasting your time on insignificant things; idleness
- She is placed above the ground, in the sky: symbol of being separated from Earth and mundane htings (like work etc)
- Feathers: they symbolize something sleepy and lazy
- Color: light blue is also a color of sleepiness and idleness
Character is aesthetic, pretty and (in her way) attractive.
Some symbolic explanations:
Abundance of textiles - this sin not only as eating and drinking, but consuming in it's wider meaning, such as buying and gathering useless things etc
Grapes - "luxury" goods, connected with lavish parties (in ancient times) etc
The pink colour theme - grapes, sweets etc
Wrath - Inappropriate feelings of hatred and anger. (...) Impatience with the law, or seeking revenge outside of justice, such as with unnecessary vigilantism. Wishing to do evil or harm to others."
The colour theme - the colours red, orange, black ->fire -> destruction
Lightning (in the frame and background)- something destructive, rapid, uncontrollable
The hairstyle - another reference to fire
The make-up - a reference to battle marks (face painting etc)
The feathers - ("sharp" rather than soft and fluffy); in this form they bare a resemblance to tribes -> Wrath seen as something wild and primal.
The whip she is holding - a symbol of power
The shattered earth - the influence Wrath has on the world.
*This was taken from an email sent by a friend... I salute the artist of this... Nice pixies!