Confident Not!

>> Sunday, February 22

It’s been a while since I wore a dress or a skirt. So this morning, I decided to wear a dress for church. It felt good dressing up and looking like a lady once in a while. :) I'm the type that wears jeans and shirts almost every day (ok, nowadays a dressy blouse).

Anyway, EMA and I were buying some groceries after church this morning and we met one of his friends just outside the store. They exchanged their hellos and the friend suddenly asked how many kids we have? Gah! I couldn’t help but wonder if I look like a mother or someone who just gave birth? I didn’t mention this to EMA because I know he’ll just brush it off as nothing (men!). Anyway, up until now I keep staring at myself in the mirror wondering if I do look like someone who has kids.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against mothers and kids. In fact I want to be one (someday..). But the idea that I already look like one when in fact I’m not is just depressing.

I know I’m not that thin like I used to (way back in high school.. haha) but I’m pretty sure I’m not that fat. Am I really that fat or something? *sigh* there goes my confidence down the drain.

3 comments:

Anonymous February 22, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

Our bodies undergo changes. And even if they say you're fat, to hell with them! Fat is the new sexy for me.

Zeee February 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Ehn! I'm sure you're not fat! And as we discussed over at plurk, if you're fat then I am an elephant and I might as well die! Hehehehe
Funny thing is a lot of kids get preggers these days so I guess that could be one of the reasons why EMA's friend asked you how many kids you have...
I've also been asked if P's nephew is our son and I just brush it off... But yeah, I know it hurts and makes our confidence go down the drain when somebody comments on our weight...and then some... believe me...one of P's friends' wife had the audacity to ask P why he was dating me! (gah)


PS: Amaw ka LA! Di ko tuo! hahahah

shenzee February 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

at LA: I wasn't told that I'm fat. Someone just asked me if I have kids. Anyway, you're right who cares if I'm fat or not.. EMA still loves me (fat or not). :)

at Z'riz: You're not that big Z! Yeah, I guess it's just a normal question to couples these days.. :) Some people are just so... gah! Oh well.. gwapa ta, suya sila.. LMAO

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP