wishing wells and magic spells

>> Wednesday, February 11

I have a bad case of LSS (“last song syndrome”) since last night. I think I even hummed it in my dreams! :D The bad thing is I couldn’t remember the title and artist of the song. Anyway, I Googled a few lines which I remembered and to my delight I found it!


The song is titled Wishing Wells by Eraserheads. I haven’t heard this song for about a decade or more and it just came into my mind.

I'm adding the lyrics of the song so you could sing along (if you want). :)


Wishing Wells - Eraserheads


CHORUS
I wish i could go back to those fairy book tales
Forget the real world a while and seek the seas of the talking whales
A place called wishing wells and magic spells (2x)
Where everything starts out a once upon an time, long long ago
and lives happily ever after.....aha ha...yeah yeah!

I could go up hill and run with Jill
The Giant could smell I'm no English man
Cinderella danced with me at the ball
I told the Queen of Hearts about my plan
I traveled the wonderland with Alice
I met with Snow White in the woods
I flew with Peter Pan in Neverneverland
Picked some berries with Ms. Red Riding Hood

Repeat Chorus

I could be an outlaw in the west
Save damsels in distress
You could sleep a thousand years
I will wake you up with a kiss
We'll swim the seven seas
We can make love more than twice
Fly like dragons in the skies
We could hang around on trees
Buzz around like bees
We can make some honey, We don't need no money baby
Just turn your back, You'll see jumpin' jellybean sack
Just wait for me Jack I'll be back, I'll be back

Repeat Chorus

A place called wishing wells and magic spells (3x)
Where everything starts out a once upon an time, long long ago
and lives happily ever after.....aha ha...yeah yeah!

Incidentally I also took a photo of a "wishing well" when we went up to the mountains of Mabinay. :)



5 comments:

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

What circa was this played on the radio? Karon pa ko kadungog ani.

shenzee February 11, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

I don't think this song hit the airwaves before.. first album kaha ni sa Eraserheads (I forgot).. hehe i think mga 1995 or something..

I was influenced by my brother's music back when I was still in grade school and HS. Hence, the "bugoy" get up. :D

Zeee February 11, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

Amay! time ni sya ni P! hahahahaha and I remember your "bugoy" past maot! nyahahahaha

BTW nice photo of the wishing well! hehehe


love Eheads! (si P napud nkatakod nako ani!) hahahaha

shenzee February 11, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

teehee thanks Z.. i used my trusty camera phone for this pic.. dont have the real camera mn. hahah

haha even u have a "bugoy past"..

~*~ Badet ~*~ February 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Yay! I love Eheads! I'm excited to see them in concert on the 7th.

http://badudets.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP