Bicol Express

>> Thursday, August 14

Ok so I made my very first bicol express yesterday. It wasn't really that spicy because I only put in a few chili peppers just in case, but anyway it was still delish. hehehe



When I cook, I'm not really particular in measurement. I'm too lazy to do that. ehheh So I do measuring by just looking (or plainly taking a wild estimate). If your interested to know how to cook this, I'm sharing this recipe (actually I found this online and made a few changes)...

Ingredients:

Pork (cut in 1/2 inch slices)
Cooking oil/Vegetable oil
Chopped onion
Chopped garlic
Freshly chopped ginger
Chopped chili peppers (depends on you how spicy you want in to be)
Fresh green peppers (sliced diagonally)
Red peppers (sliced diagonally)
Coconut cream
Salt (to taste)

Cooking Instructions:
1. Heat cooking oil in a skillet. Then add the pork slices and cover until lightly brown.
2. In another pan, saute garlic and onions in oil.
3. Add in ginger and cooked pork.
4. Just stir for about 5 min.
5. Add in the chopped chili peppers and stir until the pork is covered with the mixture.
6. Pour in the coconut cream. Then add the sliced red and green peppers.
7. Continue cooking for about 20 mins or until the sauce thickens.
8. Add some salt if necessary.


Note: Add chilis and peppers according to desired spiciness.

Another note: as you can see I didn't add any bagoong 'cause I'm allergic to that. You can add bagoong if you want too. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP